- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
Jaya Prada terms SP chief Mulayam Singh’s comment as ‘shameful’
RLD candidate from Bijnore, Jaya Prada slammed Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh over his recent controversial remarks on anti-rape laws, terming his rhetoric as “shameful and irresponsible.”
The actor-turned-politician while speaking to media here yesterday in Kheragarha area of Fatehpur Sikri said that Singh’s comment reflect his attitutde towards women.
“The statement by Mulayam Singh on the anti-rape laws is shameful and it shows his attitude towards women. People will give him a reply to this in the form of votes”, Jaya Prada said.
She was on road show of RJD nominee Amar Singh. SP supremo had earlier said that it was unfair to award death penalty for rape as “boys tend to commit mistake,” drew flak from all corners.
The yesteryear actor also shook hands with local women and urged them to vote for Amar Singh in the local dialect.
On Saturday actress Sri Devi also joined the campaign bandwagon for Amar Singh.