Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Wednesday rebuked arch rival DMK’s attempts to target “two leaves” and claimed her party’s symbol had been instilling fear among the Karunanidhi outfit.
In her remark laced with sarcasm at an election rally here, the AIADMK supremo came down heavily on DMK petitioning Election Commission and the state High Court seeking to “mask” any sign or object that resembles “two leaves” in the run up to the April 24 Lok Sabha polls.
“Any thing viewed by jaundiced eyes looked yellowish and for DMK, which is struck by fear, whatever they see, it resembles two leaves,” she quipped evoking thundering applause by the crowd.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Responding to a notice by the High Court on DMK’s petition, Election Commission on Tuesday sought two days time to respond to the plea of covering all the objects and signs on mini buses resembling “two leaves” and also covering of the photographs of Jayalalithaa on “Amma” water bottles and cans.
Jayalalithaa wanted to know if DMK leader Stalin would submit petitions urging the authorities to direct use of gloves by people to mask the Congress’ hand symbol.
“Will he give a petition seeking chopping of the hands of everyone,?” Listing out other symbols like mango and bicycle, she asked if the DMK would demand ban on mangoes sale and end commute by bicycles.