Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Wednesday rebuked arch rival DMK’s attempts to target “two leaves” and claimed her party’s symbol had been instilling fear among the Karunanidhi outfit.
In her remark laced with sarcasm at an election rally here, the AIADMK supremo came down heavily on DMK petitioning Election Commission and the state High Court seeking to “mask” any sign or object that resembles “two leaves” in the run up to the April 24 Lok Sabha polls.
“Any thing viewed by jaundiced eyes looked yellowish and for DMK, which is struck by fear, whatever they see, it resembles two leaves,” she quipped evoking thundering applause by the crowd.
Responding to a notice by the High Court on DMK’s petition, Election Commission on Tuesday sought two days time to respond to the plea of covering all the objects and signs on mini buses resembling “two leaves” and also covering of the photographs of Jayalalithaa on “Amma” water bottles and cans.
Jayalalithaa wanted to know if DMK leader Stalin would submit petitions urging the authorities to direct use of gloves by people to mask the Congress’ hand symbol.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Will he give a petition seeking chopping of the hands of everyone,?” Listing out other symbols like mango and bicycle, she asked if the DMK would demand ban on mangoes sale and end commute by bicycles.