Union Minister Prakash Javdekar on Saturday filed his nomination papers for the Rajya Sabha from Madhya Pradesh, which goes to polls on June 19.
The Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting and Environment and Forests (Independent Charge), Javadekar filed papers from Mandla constituency, which fell vacant after Phaggan Singh Kulaste, a former Rajya Sabha member, was elected to Lok Sabha from the seat in the recently concluded general elections.
He arrived here from New Delhi this morning and reached the assembly after paying a visit to the Madhya Pradesh BJP office.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The state has 11 Rajya Sabha seats. The minister filed papers before principal secretary and returning officer for the election, B D Israni. Javdekar filed two sets of nomination papers and Narottam Mishra, G S Shejwar and Sartaj Singh proposed him.
Javdekar, an outsider, said he has a long association with MP as he used to visit here as a President of the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha.