Union Minister Prakash Javadekar appears all set to get elected to Rajya Sabha from Madhya Pradesh after the BJP declared him as its candidate to replace the seat being vacated by Faggan Singh Kulaste who got elected to Lok Sabha.
The byelection to the seat is slated to take place on June 19 for which the last day of filing the nominations is June 9.
The BJP on Friday also declared to nominate party leader Prabhar Kore for Rajya Sabha from Karnataka while announcing former deputy chief minister in the state K S Eshwerappa as party candidate for the Legislative Council.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Javadekar’s Rajya Sabha term expired in April this year and he missed renomination as the BJP decided to support RPI leader Ramdas Athawale from Maharashtra to seal the alliance with the RPI ahead of the Lok Sabha elections.
Sources said the party was hoping that another Union minister Nirmala Sitharaman, who is not a member of either House,will get elected to Rajya Sabha from Andhra Pradesh with help from alliance partner TDP. The vacancy in Rajya Sabha from Andhra Pradesh has arisen due to the death of N Janardhana Reddy.