“Jaswant issue is only symbolic of Modi’s auto destruct effect on BJP as also its fragmentation and long term disintegration,” party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi said when his reaction was sought on the matter.
76-year-old Singh, who is contesting the Lok Sabha poll as an Independent from Rajasthan’s Barmer constituency against BJP’s official nominee, was expelled from the party last night after he refused to withdraw his candidature on the last day of withdrawal of nominations.
The decision to expel Singh, 76, for six years was taken by BJP President Rajnath Singh.
Singh had earlier said he felt betrayed by both Rajnath Singh and Vasundhara Raje, even though he had supported the two for the posts of BJP president and Rajasthan chief minister respectively.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
This was the second time in five years that Jaswant Singh was expelled from BJP. In 2009, he had been expelled for his controversial book praising Pakistan founder Mohammed Ali Jinnah. However, he was taken back in the party-fold in June 2010.