Former defence minister Jaswant Singh was admitted to the Army (Research and Referral) Hospital in Delhi early on Friday after he suffered a severe head injury at his residence. Till late evening, his condition continued to be “highly critical” and doctors said he was kept on life support.
“He fell in his house and suffered a major blow on one side of his head. He is in the intensive care unit and on life support. Next 48- 72 hours are very crucial,” an official at the hospital said. Sources said the 76-year-old former BJP leader was brought to hospital in the early hours of Friday and “within 55 minutes, all the tests and scans were done” and he was operated upon.
A press release issued by the Ministry of Defence said, “Former defence minister Shri Jaswant Singh was admitted to the Army (Research & Referral) Hospital in New Delhi in a highly critical condition around 0100 hrs today with injury to his head. The family members had brought him to the hospital after finding him lying on the floor of the house in an unconscious state.”
“Examination at the hospital showed him to be in coma, with signs of ‘raised intracranial tension and a haematoma scalp’…. At present the condition is very critical,” the press release said. According to a special register maintained at RR on Friday, amongst the first ones to visit the hospital to enquire about Singh’s health were senior BJP leader L K Advani, NCP chief Sharad Pawar, Home Minister Rajnath Singh, Shahnawaz Hussain, Amar Singh and Jaya Prada among others. Prime Minister Narendra Modi too spoke to Singh’s family members.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016