Former defence minister Jaswant Singh was admitted to the Army (Research and Referral) Hospital in Delhi early on Friday after he suffered a severe head injury at his residence. Till late evening, his condition continued to be “highly critical” and doctors said he was kept on life support.
“He fell in his house and suffered a major blow on one side of his head. He is in the intensive care unit and on life support. Next 48- 72 hours are very crucial,” an official at the hospital said. Sources said the 76-year-old former BJP leader was brought to hospital in the early hours of Friday and “within 55 minutes, all the tests and scans were done” and he was operated upon.
A press release issued by the Ministry of Defence said, “Former defence minister Shri Jaswant Singh was admitted to the Army (Research & Referral) Hospital in New Delhi in a highly critical condition around 0100 hrs today with injury to his head. The family members had brought him to the hospital after finding him lying on the floor of the house in an unconscious state.”
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
“Examination at the hospital showed him to be in coma, with signs of ‘raised intracranial tension and a haematoma scalp’…. At present the condition is very critical,” the press release said. According to a special register maintained at RR on Friday, amongst the first ones to visit the hospital to enquire about Singh’s health were senior BJP leader L K Advani, NCP chief Sharad Pawar, Home Minister Rajnath Singh, Shahnawaz Hussain, Amar Singh and Jaya Prada among others. Prime Minister Narendra Modi too spoke to Singh’s family members.