Backing L K Advani,former Union Minister Jaswant Singh today said a solution should be found to the questions raised by the BJP patriarch soon in the interest of the party as well as the nation.
Singh,who is a close associate of Advani,also expressed hope that a solution will be found when asked whether Advani will reconsider his decision to quit.
“A solution should be found soon to the questions raised by Advani ji. This is in the interest of the party. This is in the interest of the nation,” Singh said after meeting Advani here.
Taken aback by Advani’s resignation from all party posts,BJP leaders today said they will persuade him to reconsider it and were hopeful that he will do so.
Singh also maintained that efforts are on to persuade Advani to take back his resignation. “I am hopeful that a solution will be found out,” he said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj,who also met Advani,said the question of Advani’s resignation does not arise once it has been rejected by the party’s highest decision-making body.
“The question of resignation does not arise once we have rejected it,” Swaraj,the Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha,who is considered close to Advani,told reporters here.
Asked whether the BJP veteran would withdraw his resignation,Swaraj said,”Where is the question of taking it back. There is no resignation once the Parliamentary Board has rejected it.”
BJP plunged into a crisis yesterday after Advani quit from three main party posts Parliamentary Board,National Executive and the Election Committee.
The BJP Parliamentary Board,which met yesterday,passed a resolution describing Advani as its “leader and guide”.
In Nagpur,former BJP President Nitin Gadkari said the party needs the guidance of a veteran leader like Advani at this juncture. “We will pray to him to reconsider and I am confident he will take back his resignation,” Gadkari said.