Backing L K Advani,former Union Minister Jaswant Singh today said a solution should be found to the questions raised by the BJP patriarch soon in the interest of the party as well as the nation.
Singh,who is a close associate of Advani,also expressed hope that a solution will be found when asked whether Advani will reconsider his decision to quit.
“A solution should be found soon to the questions raised by Advani ji. This is in the interest of the party. This is in the interest of the nation,” Singh said after meeting Advani here.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Taken aback by Advani’s resignation from all party posts,BJP leaders today said they will persuade him to reconsider it and were hopeful that he will do so.
Singh also maintained that efforts are on to persuade Advani to take back his resignation. “I am hopeful that a solution will be found out,” he said.
Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj,who also met Advani,said the question of Advani’s resignation does not arise once it has been rejected by the party’s highest decision-making body.
“The question of resignation does not arise once we have rejected it,” Swaraj,the Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha,who is considered close to Advani,told reporters here.
Asked whether the BJP veteran would withdraw his resignation,Swaraj said,”Where is the question of taking it back. There is no resignation once the Parliamentary Board has rejected it.”
BJP plunged into a crisis yesterday after Advani quit from three main party posts Parliamentary Board,National Executive and the Election Committee.
The BJP Parliamentary Board,which met yesterday,passed a resolution describing Advani as its “leader and guide”.
In Nagpur,former BJP President Nitin Gadkari said the party needs the guidance of a veteran leader like Advani at this juncture. “We will pray to him to reconsider and I am confident he will take back his resignation,” Gadkari said.