- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Jana Sena chief Pawan Kalyan to campaign for BJP in Karnataka
After having extended his support to BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Jana Sena Party chief and Telugu film star Pawan Kalyan will campaign for the saffron party in the Lok Sabha elections in Karnataka.
Kalyan, youngest brother of Union Minister K Chiranjeevi, will campaign for BJP candidates in Kolar, Raichur and Gulbarga on Tuesday, according to a tentative schedule announced by the Jana Sena Monday.
Kalyan met Modi in Ahmedabad last month, days after launching the Jana Sena, and extended his support to the latter in his PM bid stating he wanted the country to get rid of the “corrupt” Congress.
Kalyan’s decision to campaign was announced after Telangana BJP president G Kishan Reddy and representatives of Modi had a 90-minute meeting with the film star in Hyderabad Monday afternoon.
Kalyan was also reportedly requested to campaign for the TDP-BJP combine in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana as well but the JSP did not announce anything in this regard.