After Congress’ two time MP and former minister Choudhary Lal Singh joined the Bharatiya Janata Party, the party received another shot in the arm as the Jammu State Morcha’s two time MLA Ashwani Sharma joined the party on Saturday.
Ashwani joined the party at a public meeting that was attended by BJP state president and MP Jugal Kishore Sharma, incharge of party affairs in the state, Avinash Rai Khanna, and party’s Leader of the Legisaltive Party in State Legislative Assembly, Ashok Khajuria.
Speaking on the occasion, Ashwani Sharma said that he was inspired by BJP in view of the development plank initiated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The people of Jammu Kashmir too want development and the BJP stands for good governance, eradication of poverty and corruption, besides development at all levels, he said.
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
Welcoming him into the party fold, Jugal Kishore Sharma said that his joining will send a loud and clear message to everybody of BJP’s commitment for justice to all and discrimination to none. Pointing out that party’s vision document of Mission 44+, inspired by the Modi wave, is an achievable goal, Avinash Rai Khanna asked party workers to convince masses to vote for the party in the coming assembly elections.
Following the increased focus on Jammu Kashmir by the party high command, leaders of various political parties have started joining the BJP. Recently, apart from Congress former MP Lal Singh, National Conference’s senior Gujjar leader and former MP Choudhary Talib Hussain, besides PDP’s Taj Mohammad Khan had also joined BJP.