After Congress’ two time MP and former minister Choudhary Lal Singh joined the Bharatiya Janata Party, the party received another shot in the arm as the Jammu State Morcha’s two time MLA Ashwani Sharma joined the party on Saturday.
Ashwani joined the party at a public meeting that was attended by BJP state president and MP Jugal Kishore Sharma, incharge of party affairs in the state, Avinash Rai Khanna, and party’s Leader of the Legisaltive Party in State Legislative Assembly, Ashok Khajuria.
Speaking on the occasion, Ashwani Sharma said that he was inspired by BJP in view of the development plank initiated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The people of Jammu Kashmir too want development and the BJP stands for good governance, eradication of poverty and corruption, besides development at all levels, he said.
Welcoming him into the party fold, Jugal Kishore Sharma said that his joining will send a loud and clear message to everybody of BJP’s commitment for justice to all and discrimination to none. Pointing out that party’s vision document of Mission 44+, inspired by the Modi wave, is an achievable goal, Avinash Rai Khanna asked party workers to convince masses to vote for the party in the coming assembly elections.
Following the increased focus on Jammu Kashmir by the party high command, leaders of various political parties have started joining the BJP. Recently, apart from Congress former MP Lal Singh, National Conference’s senior Gujjar leader and former MP Choudhary Talib Hussain, besides PDP’s Taj Mohammad Khan had also joined BJP.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review