BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Tuesday took potshots at Congress over the televised messages of Sonia Gandhi, saying that the party had been forced to change its principal communicator since Rahul Gandhi’s speeches to the people were “not working”.
Taking a jibe in a post on his website, he said the new slogan of Congress is ‘Mein Nahin Mom’ (Not me, Mom) and claimed that last minute attempts to change electoral agenda through paid television time would not click.
Jaitley said that an opinion poll by a leading channel had shown that NDA may get absolute majority and “as the Congress shrinks further, its campaign has resulted in a naught” as it is “too abstract and confused”.
“The Congress Party changed track yesterday. Rahul Gandhi-led campaign and the accompanying advertisements were given a backseat. The Congress President Sonia Gandhi herself decided to lead from the front. She addressed the country by booking television time on all channels,” he said.
Claiming that the desperation in Congress was clear, Jaitley said that speeches, interviews and press conferences of political leaders are always covered by the media and Sonia Gandhi does not have to buy television time in order to reach to the people.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“The idea was to change the principle communicator of the party from the son to the mother,” he said.
The BJP leader, who is contesting the Lok Sabha polls from Amritsar, said the act of bring Sonia messages on TV was an expression of “lack of confidence in Rahul Gandhi, in as much as his speeches to the people were not working.”
“Messages on paid television time cannot last minute change the electoral agenda. Price rise, mismanagement of the economy, corruption, dilution of the office of Prime Minister cannot be a part of either ‘Bhartiyata’ or ‘Hindustaniat’. This message will not click,” Jaitley said.
He claimed the only message yesterday’s speech of Sonia Gandhi telecast on “paid television time” is that Congress party’s new slogan now is “Mein Nahin Mom”.