Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley Tuesday took a dig at Central Excise Intelligence notice to BJP’s Chandigarh unit for allegedly collecting entry fee through tickets despite the fact that “Chandigarh unit of the BJP has not organised any rally of Narendra Modi as yet”.
“The UPA government has now invented a new curious method, which it hopes can tackle him (Narendra Modi). Absurd that it may sound, they now propose to tax Modi’s rallies. Considering the mammoth crowds who gather to listen to Narendra Modi all over the country, this can be Finance Minister’s faint hope of augmenting his otherwise depleting revenue,” Jaitley said in an article on his website.
The senior BJP leader sought to suggest this as part of Congress’ “desperation” over Modi and consequent attempts to harass him.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen