Rahul Gandhi on Saturday reiterated that his party has certain reservations about the GST Bill and that the Modi government will have to agree to all its conditions if the bill has to be passed in Parliament.
“We don’t want a GST where there is no cap on taxes. We want a limitation on maximum tax that can be charged to the people,” Rahul Gandhi said during an interaction with students of NMIMS, Mumbai.
Referring to media reports in the past that Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had visited him hoping to push through the GST bill, Rahul said: “Jaitleyji came to see me and the press stated that he talked to me about GST, actually he came to invite me for his daughter’s wedding. The only conversation about GST that was held was him saying ‘GST is good’, which I already know and he doesn’t have to tell me.”
He also hit out at the BJP for not allowing the bill to be passed for the last seven years. “Arun Jaitley and Prime Minister Modi did not let the GST pass,” he said.
When asked about the blockade and disruptions caused in Parliament, Rahul said that it was not Congress’ way and alleged that Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had once said during an interview in London that blocking Parliament was a strategy of the BJP.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More