The Telugu Desam Party (TDP) today termed as a “joke of the millennium” the offer of “issue-based support” by YSR Congress to the BJP-led NDA Government at the Centre. TDP, a key ally of BJP and principal rival of YSR Congress in Andhra Pradesh, sought to know what were the issues on which the outfit headed by Jaganmohan Reddy would extend support to the new administration.
“Is it Jagan’s bail issue or getting the criminal cases against him weakened? Is it the issue of protecting the properties already attached by the Enforcement Directorate or preventing attachment of more properties? Are these the issues on which you will extend support to the NDA?” TDP Politburo member Yanamala Ramakrishnudu said in a statement here.
The YSRC President, who failed in his bid to grab power in Andhra Pradesh, met Narendra Modi in New Delhi yesterday and announced his party was ready to extend “issue-based support” to the NDA Government despite the BJP having majority of its own in the 16th Lok Sabha.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“Jagan’s offer is nothing but a joke of the millennium. Who asked for his support in the first place? Is it not an insult to offer support without anyone asking for it?” Yanamala questioned. Attacking the YSR Congress chief, who is facing corruption cases and is currently out on bail, Yanamala said he kept changing colours. “Jagan branded BJP as a communal party during the election
campaign to garner votes of some communities but within days of the poll results prostrated before the party,” the senior TDP leader said.
He also termed as “blatant lie” Jagan’s claim that he met Modi to protect the State’s interests. “It’s a bare fact that Jagan met the PM-designate only to safeguard his vested interests,” the Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Council maintained. Even in the past, Jagan’s mother met the President and the Prime Minister only to plead for her son’s bail following his arrest by the CBI in the illegal assets cases, Yanamala said.
The TDP Politburo member said the newly-elected MPs and MLAs of YSR Congress were ruminating their political future as their leader requires permission from the courts even to attend the Assembly. “Given the unrest among its rank and file, the YSRC will soon become an empty house,” Yanamala said.