The Telugu Desam Party (TDP) today termed as a “joke of the millennium” the offer of “issue-based support” by YSR Congress to the BJP-led NDA Government at the Centre. TDP, a key ally of BJP and principal rival of YSR Congress in Andhra Pradesh, sought to know what were the issues on which the outfit headed by Jaganmohan Reddy would extend support to the new administration.
“Is it Jagan’s bail issue or getting the criminal cases against him weakened? Is it the issue of protecting the properties already attached by the Enforcement Directorate or preventing attachment of more properties? Are these the issues on which you will extend support to the NDA?” TDP Politburo member Yanamala Ramakrishnudu said in a statement here.
The YSRC President, who failed in his bid to grab power in Andhra Pradesh, met Narendra Modi in New Delhi yesterday and announced his party was ready to extend “issue-based support” to the NDA Government despite the BJP having majority of its own in the 16th Lok Sabha.
“Jagan’s offer is nothing but a joke of the millennium. Who asked for his support in the first place? Is it not an insult to offer support without anyone asking for it?” Yanamala questioned. Attacking the YSR Congress chief, who is facing corruption cases and is currently out on bail, Yanamala said he kept changing colours. “Jagan branded BJP as a communal party during the election
campaign to garner votes of some communities but within days of the poll results prostrated before the party,” the senior TDP leader said.
He also termed as “blatant lie” Jagan’s claim that he met Modi to protect the State’s interests. “It’s a bare fact that Jagan met the PM-designate only to safeguard his vested interests,” the Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Council maintained. Even in the past, Jagan’s mother met the President and the Prime Minister only to plead for her son’s bail following his arrest by the CBI in the illegal assets cases, Yanamala said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The TDP Politburo member said the newly-elected MPs and MLAs of YSR Congress were ruminating their political future as their leader requires permission from the courts even to attend the Assembly. “Given the unrest among its rank and file, the YSRC will soon become an empty house,” Yanamala said.