Launching a blistering attack on Congress, YSRCP chief Jaganmohan Reddy Monday charged the party with engineering the pepper spray episode in Parliament, in connivance with its expelled MP Lagadapati Rajagopal, to crush the protest against Telangana Bill.
He also alleged that a company owned by Rajagopal had received the approval for Corporate Debt Restructuring (CDR) to the tune of Rs 8,000 crore, a month ago.
“Congress plotted this whole game, where a pepper spray incident was forced upon Parliament to clear everybody, who is protesting. Rajagopal, who actually sprayed pepper, isn’t he a Congress man?” Jagan asked while briefing reporters on the sidelines of a protest organised by his party against bifurcating Andhra Pradesh at Jantar Mantar.
“Do you believe if somebody is opposing Congress party, if somebody is really a rebel to the party, a CDR would happen with the consent of Congress party,” he said, citing media reports about Rajagopal’s company getting approval for CDR.
Earlier in the day, he accused Sonia Gandhi of dividing the state for political gains. Referring to her Italian background, he dubbed the Indian National Congress as “Italian National Congress” and said, “Even Britishers did not do what she did to my state of Andhra Pradesh”.
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
He claimed that the Congress came up with the idea of dividing the state with the sole aim of making Rahul Gandhi Prime Minister as it hoped to win some seats by aligning with TRS in Telangana. He said the Congress was “creating a situation, where the Opposition parties could not speak out”.
Congress had expelled six LS MPs from Seemandhara, including Rajagopal, who opposed creation of Telangana and had given a notice of no-confidence motion against the government, on February 11. Asked about BJP’s stand on the bill, Jagan expressed hope that the principal Opposition party would help to keep Andhra Pradesh united. “I can be hopeful… Beyond that tell me what can I do?… I am hoping that they will come forward to keep the state united,” he stressed, while calling on the entire Opposition to set aside their differences for the cause.