“It’s time for struggle. We are ready for it” – this was Rahul Gandhi’s message to partymen after Congress’ Lok Sabha polls debacle as he reached his constituency on Wednesday to thank the people for their support. The Congress vice president accompanied by sister Priyanka Gandhi arrived here on his first visit after the party’s humiliating defeat in the Lok Sabha elections in which the party managed to retain only Amethi and Rae Bareli in Uttar Pradesh.
At a brief meeting with party workers at Congress office at Gauriganj, Rahul told reporters, “despite the fact that these are not good days for Congress in UP, the people of Amethi and Rae Bareli showed confidence in the party by supporting it and for this I thank them.” “Now is the time for struggle… We will struggle”, Rahul added. At the meeting, when some party workers pointed out on
the need to review the fall in Rahul’s victory margin, Priyanka who had spearheaded the campaign for her brother, said that she would again come for this purpose after a week.
Rahul said the party will fight back if any step is taken against public interest, according to local Congress leaders present at the meeting. He also appealed to the workers “to get ready for struggle”. Priyanka said that “people of Amethi have saved our honour. We are thankful for it.”
Rahul also said that very soon “the party will organise the review meeting”, according to the leaders. Rahul had won 2009 Lok Sabha polls with margin of over 3.70 votes which came down to 1.07 lakh in this Lok Sabha polls.
Rahul had defeated his nearest rival BJP’s Smriti Irani. Earlier, Rahul and and Priyanka garlanded photo of their father Rajiv Gandhi on his death anniversary at party office. They also visited Barolia village in Jamo area, where fire incident had taken place on May 19 and met victims and assured them of all help.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More