BJP president Rajnath Singh has said the country’s political landscape has gone for a change after his party’s electoral success in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
During his speech, while presiding over the BJP Parliamentary Party meeting Tuesday, Singh said, “For the first time, the BJP, a non-Congress party, has got a clear majority of its own by winning 282 out of 543 Lok Sabha seats. It has managed to raise its political stature above the Congress. The Indian political landscape now has become BJP vs others.”
He said earlier electoral contests were made out as Congress vs BJP after the saffron party turned nation’s polity bipolar with its stellar emergence in 1989 elections under the Advani-Vajpayee leadership.
Singh highlighted the massive popular surge in favour of the BJP this elections as compared to party’s past performance. “In 2009, about 7.8 crore people voted for the BJP. This time, 17.16 crore votes have been polled in favour of the BJP. Never in the history has such a jump in votes been registered,” Singh said.
The BJP president also sought to highlight the social expansion of the BJP, claiming that all sections of the society have supported the party during this elections and underlined its geographical expansion by pointing to BJP’s increased vote shares in state like Orissa, Kerala and Tamil Nadu among others.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The BJP president also assured that Narendra Modi will deliver the promises made by the BJP during the election campaign.
“I wish to remind about Narendra Modi’s Hyderabad speech where he had said that ‘yes, we can’. As the party president, I want to assure that ‘yes, he will’,” Singh said.
The BJP Parliamentary Party meeting was also attended by party’s chief ministers — Raman Singh (Chhattisgarh), Shivraj Singh Chouhan (Madhya Pradesh), Vasundhara Raje (Rajasthan) and Manohar Parrikar (Goa) — along with party’s national office-bearers.