Isolated politically in Tamil Nadu, Congress is making all out efforts to energise its cadres ahead of the April 24 electoral fight for 39 Lok Sabha seats in the state.
An air of despair has been pervading the Congress house with top guns like Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram, Union Shipping Minister G K Vasan and others opting out of the contest in an atmosphere that presents bleak poll prospects in the wake of DMK refusing to revive poll truck with the party.
Against the backdrop of Rahul Gandhi’s call for encouraging youngsters, Chidambaram has pulled out of the contest from his traditional fort Sivaganga, where he managed to get a ticket for his 42-year-old son Karti.
Even as three weeks have elapsed after the Election Commission announced the poll schedule for the LS polls, the lacklustre scene sweeping the Congress is yet to pave way for activities.
Congress leaders and its workers fear the party might witness a repeat of the 1996 rout when it fought the election alone and drew a blank.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The announcement of candidates for 30 seats, which has names like Manishankar Aiyar, Kumaramangalam and Karti Chidambaram seemed to have failed to enthuse the morale of
However, seeking to galvanise the party for the electoral battle, state unit President Gnandesikan said star campaigners of Congress, its chief Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Rahul Gandhi would undertake electioneering in the state.