Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Saturday chose graft, BJP’s main plank in the Lok Sabha polls, to attack the saffron party, saying “are they blind” to people like B S Yeddyurappa in Karnataka and mining mafia of Chhattisgarh.
“Are they blind when they stand by people like B S Yeddyurappa in Karnataka. They go to Chhattisgarh and don’t see mining mafia, sand mafia in the state and stand beside its chief minister,” Gandhi said, while addressing a rally here as party candidate Raj Babbar stood beside him.
“They don’t see Yeddyurappa, who has several corruption charges against him and even has gone to the jail, and share dais with him,” Gandhi said.
He also hit out at BJP leader Narendra Modi indirectly, saying, “When they also go to Gujarat, they don’t get to see corrupt ministers in their (Modi) Cabinet. In his Cabinet, there are several ministers, who have served jail. But, they don’t get to see corruption there, so why they talk about corruption.”
In Gujarat, one would not find “an RTI commissioner or a Lokayukta”, he claimed.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“If they are very serious about corruption, so why do they allow corrupt to stand beside them,” he said, adding that before pointing fingers at Congress over corruption, they (BJP) should look at themselves. “Today, anybody can ask question from Prime Minister, ministers and bureaucrats using RTI. Few days back, I wrote a letter to PM, later the letter was published in an English daily. We gave rights to common man through RTI. It was not BJP which brought RTI law, instead it was Congress,” Gandhi said.
He said that Congress brought the Lokpal bill and also six anti-graft bills in Parliament, but the opposition has stalled it.
“From Delhi to Mumbai to Chennai to Kolkata, we have created business corridors and built roads, dedicated railways lines. Here lakhs of industries will come up and we are trying to make a manufacturing backbone,” he said.