Sarabjit, who had unsuccessfully contested Lok Sabha elections in 2007 from Bathinda on the SAD (Amritsar) ticket, joined the BSP in the presence of its Punjab unit president Parkash Singh Jandali and other leaders.
The BSP is likely to field Sarabjit as its candidate for upcoming Lok Sabha polls from Fatehgarh Sahib Reserve Constituency, party sources said.
When contacted, Sarabjit told PTI it is up to the BSP leadership to decide on the matter. Asked what prompted him to join the BSP, he said it is a party of Dalit community.
Sarabjit said he is fed up with “hardliner groups” like SAD (A) and had decided to join the BSP.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Sarabjit (34), a resident of Mohali, had also contested the Punjab Assembly polls from Bhadaur in 2007 on the SAD (A) ticket but was humbled.
Beant Singh and Satwant Singh, who were both bodyguards of Indira Gandhi, assassinated her on October 31, 1984. Beant Singh was immediately killed by the security guards.
Satwant Singh, was sentenced to death and hanged.