- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Congress leader Manish Tewari likely to contest from Ludhiana
Congress on Wednesday indicated that Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari is likely to be party nominee from Ludhiana Lok Sabha constituency.
“If he is physically fit, I do not think there is any reason why he would not contest,” party General Secretary Shakil Ahmed told PTI.
Another senior leader said that at no point of time Tewari has refused to contest. Tewari, who represents Ludhiana constituency in Lok Sabha, was admitted to a private hospital’s cardiology department here on March 15 after he complained of uneasiness.
He was discharged after two days of treatment on March 17. Earlier, there were reports that he was inclined to contest from Chandigarh from where former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal has been nominated by the party.