Congress on Wednesday indicated that Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari is likely to be party nominee from Ludhiana Lok Sabha constituency.
“If he is physically fit, I do not think there is any reason why he would not contest,” party General Secretary Shakil Ahmed told PTI.
Another senior leader said that at no point of time Tewari has refused to contest. Tewari, who represents Ludhiana constituency in Lok Sabha, was admitted to a private hospital’s cardiology department here on March 15 after he complained of uneasiness.
He was discharged after two days of treatment on March 17. Earlier, there were reports that he was inclined to contest from Chandigarh from where former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal has been nominated by the party.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016