An elderly person, who was allegedly kidnapped and forced to file nomination from Hajipur as Ram Vilas Paswan to confuse the voters on Saturday met the LJP president and narrated his woes.
The 97-year-old man whose original name is Ram Vilas Bhagat had on the basis of a false affidavit given his name as Ram Vilas Paswan.
Paswan’s namesake alleged that he was forced by local strongmen to file nomination as an Independent to confuse the voters against LJP chief due to similarity in the name.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The nonagenarian, a labourer from Bhairopur under Bidupur police station of Vaishali district, told reporters at the LJP president’s residence that he was kidnapped by local mafia and kept in captivity for the night and forced to file nomination from the Hajipur reserved seat.
The LJP president told reporters that he came to know of the tragedy from the old man’s daughter-in-law, a widower.
Sympathising with the old man’s plight, he said he has hearing problem also and was made to undergo hardship by the political rivals. He said he was freed only when his daughter-in-law threatened to go to police.
Hajipur will go to vote on May 7.
The LJP president said that in the 2009 elections too, his political rivals as part of a conspiracy, made five persons bearing surname of Paswan file nomination to confuse the voters against him.
He said LJP was contemplating action in this matter.