An elderly person, who was allegedly kidnapped and forced to file nomination from Hajipur as Ram Vilas Paswan to confuse the voters on Saturday met the LJP president and narrated his woes.
The 97-year-old man whose original name is Ram Vilas Bhagat had on the basis of a false affidavit given his name as Ram Vilas Paswan.
Paswan’s namesake alleged that he was forced by local strongmen to file nomination as an Independent to confuse the voters against LJP chief due to similarity in the name.
The nonagenarian, a labourer from Bhairopur under Bidupur police station of Vaishali district, told reporters at the LJP president’s residence that he was kidnapped by local mafia and kept in captivity for the night and forced to file nomination from the Hajipur reserved seat.
The LJP president told reporters that he came to know of the tragedy from the old man’s daughter-in-law, a widower.
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
Sympathising with the old man’s plight, he said he has hearing problem also and was made to undergo hardship by the political rivals. He said he was freed only when his daughter-in-law threatened to go to police.
Hajipur will go to vote on May 7.
The LJP president said that in the 2009 elections too, his political rivals as part of a conspiracy, made five persons bearing surname of Paswan file nomination to confuse the voters against him.
He said LJP was contemplating action in this matter.