Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi toured three Jharkhand districts on Friday, holding closed-door meetings with various groups in Ranchi.
With the CPM calling for a statewide bandh, Rahul’s Hazaribagh-Ramgarh-Ranchi road show was abandoned and he could only travel 25 km by road. For the rest of the tour, he used a chopper.
Rahul’s day began in Ranchi, where he interacted with about 800 tribal women and spoke on the need to empower women. The media was not allowed to cover the event, though it was streamed live on the Congress’s YouTube channel. From there, Rahul travelled to Hazaribagh, Ramgarh and Ormanjhi. On returning to Ranchi, he met representatives of various religious minorities.
On several occasions during his interaction with tribal women, he asked Congress leaders not to interrupt those who were trying to make a point. Among the issues discussed were the need for a separate Sarna code, better schools, hike in pay for anganwadi sevikas, human trafficking and witch hunting.
“We have to give power to women. That will happen through education, health and political power,” Rahul said, adding that he will work to give more power to local bodies.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More