Priyanka Gandhi on Saturday said she will not be campaigning in Varanasi, where party candidate Ajay Rai is pitted against BJP Prime Ministerial nominee Narendra Modi.
“I am not going to Varanasi. I will campaign in Amethi and Rae Bareli only,” Priyanka told reporters.
Reports in a section of media on Saturday suggested that Priyanka could campaign in favour of party candidate against Modi in Varanasi.
Recently, she had rubbished reports that she wanted to challenge Narendra Modi for the Lok Sabha seat from Varanasi and was stopped by the party high command.
Priyanka had said it was a “personal” decision not to contest and that her family would “wholeheartedly support” her if she ever wanted to.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“My decision to not contest is personal. I will only change it (if) I feel from within that I should,” said Priyanka.
“My brother, mother and husband (Robert Vadra) would wholeheartedly support me if I ever wanted to (contest),” said Priyanka.
Priyanka has maintained that she wanted to campaign only in Amethi, from where her brother is contesting, and in Rae Bareli, from where her mother and Congress president Sonia Gandhi is seeking a reelection.
Priyanka refused to comment on yoga guru Ramdev’s controversial remarks targeting Rahul Gandhi.