Priyanka Gandhi on Saturday said she will not be campaigning in Varanasi, where party candidate Ajay Rai is pitted against BJP Prime Ministerial nominee Narendra Modi.
“I am not going to Varanasi. I will campaign in Amethi and Rae Bareli only,” Priyanka told reporters.
Reports in a section of media on Saturday suggested that Priyanka could campaign in favour of party candidate against Modi in Varanasi.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Recently, she had rubbished reports that she wanted to challenge Narendra Modi for the Lok Sabha seat from Varanasi and was stopped by the party high command.
Priyanka had said it was a “personal” decision not to contest and that her family would “wholeheartedly support” her if she ever wanted to.
“My decision to not contest is personal. I will only change it (if) I feel from within that I should,” said Priyanka.
“My brother, mother and husband (Robert Vadra) would wholeheartedly support me if I ever wanted to (contest),” said Priyanka.
Priyanka has maintained that she wanted to campaign only in Amethi, from where her brother is contesting, and in Rae Bareli, from where her mother and Congress president Sonia Gandhi is seeking a reelection.
Priyanka refused to comment on yoga guru Ramdev’s controversial remarks targeting Rahul Gandhi.