As Narendra Modi gets ready to take oath as Prime Minister, his wife Jashoda Ben said she is extremely happy over his ascent to the top post and that he accepted her for the first time as his spouse.
“It is a matter of extreme happiness for me. I am so proud being his wife. I will pray to the God that he keeps surging ahead,” Jashoda Ben said in an interview to Gujarati tv channel `TV9′, aired today. She also expressed gratitude to Modi as he “accepted” her as his wife in the nomination papers filed for Lok Sabha election this time.
“He (Modi) for the first time accepted me as his wife when he filed the form in Vadodara in 2014. As after so many years, he accepted me as his wife, I feel good. He remembers me even after so many years,” she said. Modi’s first-time acknowledgement of his married status had sparked off a row during the campaign.
“Earlier, he did not put my name (in election forms) but he never denied (that they were married). He never spoke bad things about me. I have respect for him. I am his wife and will always remain his wife,” she said. “What he did after becoming Chief Minister was impeccable. This is his ‘karma’ which helps him surge ahead. He surged ahead through his intelligence. Both his work and intelligence made him a big leader,” She said.
To a question about their living separately, she said “we have not divorced, we are not separated in that way. We are together. He left the family to serve the country and so we are separated.” “When the time will come, I will go,” she said in a curt reply when asked when she would meet him.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Asked if she would attend the swearing-in ceremony, she said “I will attend if I am invited, why should not I.” Jashoda Ben is a retired school teacher. Modi, who was married to her when both were minor, left home and the family when he was a youngster and later joined RSS.