As Narendra Modi gets ready to take oath as Prime Minister, his wife Jashoda Ben said she is extremely happy over his ascent to the top post and that he accepted her for the first time as his spouse.
“It is a matter of extreme happiness for me. I am so proud being his wife. I will pray to the God that he keeps surging ahead,” Jashoda Ben said in an interview to Gujarati tv channel `TV9′, aired today. She also expressed gratitude to Modi as he “accepted” her as his wife in the nomination papers filed for Lok Sabha election this time.
“He (Modi) for the first time accepted me as his wife when he filed the form in Vadodara in 2014. As after so many years, he accepted me as his wife, I feel good. He remembers me even after so many years,” she said. Modi’s first-time acknowledgement of his married status had sparked off a row during the campaign.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Earlier, he did not put my name (in election forms) but he never denied (that they were married). He never spoke bad things about me. I have respect for him. I am his wife and will always remain his wife,” she said. “What he did after becoming Chief Minister was impeccable. This is his ‘karma’ which helps him surge ahead. He surged ahead through his intelligence. Both his work and intelligence made him a big leader,” She said.
To a question about their living separately, she said “we have not divorced, we are not separated in that way. We are together. He left the family to serve the country and so we are separated.” “When the time will come, I will go,” she said in a curt reply when asked when she would meet him.
Asked if she would attend the swearing-in ceremony, she said “I will attend if I am invited, why should not I.” Jashoda Ben is a retired school teacher. Modi, who was married to her when both were minor, left home and the family when he was a youngster and later joined RSS.