- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
If voted to power, BJP will bring down prices within 6 months: Rajnath Singh
BJP President Rajnath Singh today took on Congress over the issues of price rise and unemployment under its rule and said a BJP government, if voted to power, will bring prices under control within six months.
Holding that the NDA government had created over 6.7 crore jobs between 1999 and 2004 while the UPA government generated only 27 lakh jobs between 2004 and 2009, he told a public meeting that a BJP government will create opportunities so that in five to seven years the youth will become assured about getting jobs.
Projecting Modi as a strong leader, Singh said even Rajiv Gandhi Foundation headed by Congress President Sonia Gandhi had praised the development in Gujarat under him.
“The day a BJP government comes to power, we will control inflation within five to seven months….We may not give government jobs to all youths but will train them under skill development courses. We will also provide them easy loans from banks to run their enterprises,” he said.
BJP governments in all states, he said, have done a good job and urged people to vote for the party so that it could start developmental projects in the states.