“BJP has announced such a person as its PM candidate who, being the Chief Minister of Gujarat, brought his state in the grip of communal riots in 2002. “If a person like him becomes the Prime Minister, communal riots can take place in the country any day and the nation will be destroyed,” Mayawati said while addressing a rally for Meerut and Bijnore parliamentary seats at Hapur Road
“In the interest of the people and the country, it is necessary to stop BJP from coming to power,” she said. “And for this, it is important that Muslim votes are not divided. If the Muslim votes are split between SP and Congress, it will benefit BJP,” Mayawati said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“All Muslims should vote for only one party. If BJP comes to power, there will be communalism in the country. Raking up the Muzaffarnagar riots to attack SP, Mayawati said, “Apart from Hindus, Muslims also suffered losses. The Supreme Court has blamed SP government for failures during the communal violence,” she said.
Targeting Dalits, Mayawati said if BJP came to power, it would end the reservation being given to the SC/ST. “When BJP came to power at the Centre for the first time, it formed a panel to review the Indian constitution for ending the reservation in education and services being given to Dalits,” she said.
Taking on Congress, Mayawati said it should also be stopped from coming to power, as during its 50 years of rule, the party had done nothing for the welfare of the people.