IAF chief Arup Raha Monday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi and is believed to have briefed him on the operational preparedness of the force.
The IAF chief called on the Prime Minister and is believed to have given him an account of the preparedness of the force and its requirements in the future.
The IAF is ready with a detailed presentation for the new Government on its requirements which include the earliest possible acquisition of 126 Rafale multi-role combat aircraft along with light utility choppers.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The deal has been stuck for the last two years and in view of the delays in getting new planes, the IAF has been forced to continue operating its vintage MiG-series aircraft, which have been frequently meeting with accidents.
The force is also facing shortage of light utility choppers in view of scrapped tenders and stuck deals in view of bribery allegations against the participating vendors and officers involved in the trial procedures.
Raha has already briefed Defence Minister Arun Jaitley on the operational preparedness of the force and the support required by it from the Government for strengthening its capabilities.