IAF chief Arup Raha Monday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi and is believed to have briefed him on the operational preparedness of the force.
The IAF chief called on the Prime Minister and is believed to have given him an account of the preparedness of the force and its requirements in the future.
The IAF is ready with a detailed presentation for the new Government on its requirements which include the earliest possible acquisition of 126 Rafale multi-role combat aircraft along with light utility choppers.
The deal has been stuck for the last two years and in view of the delays in getting new planes, the IAF has been forced to continue operating its vintage MiG-series aircraft, which have been frequently meeting with accidents.
The force is also facing shortage of light utility choppers in view of scrapped tenders and stuck deals in view of bribery allegations against the participating vendors and officers involved in the trial procedures.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Raha has already briefed Defence Minister Arun Jaitley on the operational preparedness of the force and the support required by it from the Government for strengthening its capabilities.