Mamata Banerjee on Friday attacked the Congress alleging it was ‘cocooned in fear’ and did not have the guts to act against the BJP and said had she been in Delhi she would have sent Narendra Modi to jail.
“They (Congress) have no guts. It is a party cocooned in fear. They survive through understanding and play got-up matches and indulge in match-fixing. Not a single word against Narendra Modi. It (Congress) is in head over heels in love with Narendra Modi,” Banerjee, the Trinamool Congress chief, told an election rally in Berhampore in Murshidabad district.
“Had I been in Delhi in place of Congress, I would have sent Narendra Modi to jail by tying a rope around his waist,” she said hitting out again at the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate for his remark that illegal Bangladeshi immigrants would be sent packing after May 16.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
“Had the Congress party initially exerted pressure on BJP, it would not have dared to talk so much now,” Banerjee, the Chief Minister, said.
Stating that an impression was being created that Modi had already become the PM, she said “Before the birth of the child, the date of marriage that is of Modibabu, is fixed and also who would be bride and bridegroom.
“It is due to the abetment of Congress and the CPI(M) The Congress will form the bridegroom’s retinue while the RSP will follow the bride,” she said.
“The people will have a feast and you all be driven away from the country after May 16. Minority brothers and sisters have you not heard that you will be driven out after May 16?” Banerjee asked.
Taunting Modi she said “I tell you, get ready with your baggage. When counting is over people of Bengal will drive you out.
“I am in charge of the Ma, Mati Manush people’s government in Bengal. Even becoming PM he has no right bypassing the state government to take a decision. It is a law and order subject, it is not your subject,” she said.
Asking the Gujarat Chief Minister to know the law and the country, she alleged that he was trying to divide Bengalis and non-Bengalis and speaking about driving out minorities and giving certificate of citizenship to the Matuas.
“What will you give? They are citizens for long,” she said.
Pillorying the Congress, BJP and CPI(M) together she said “Congress supports corruption. The BJP stands for riots and CPI(M) has destroyed Bengal. The Congress and the CPI(M) are responsible for the rise of BJP.”
She reiterated her claim that the Trinamool Congress would not only play a pivotal role in the formation of the government at the Centre, but would form the government.