Making his Prime ministerial ambition clear for the first time, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday said that he was “much better than the declared PM candidates” as he has experience of working both at the Centre and the state.
Without naming either the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi or Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi, he said “While one does not have the experience of Parliament another has no experience of running a state…I have both experiences …Am I less qualified than them?”
Asked categorically if he was a Prime Ministerial candidate, Kumar said his party JD(U) was small and modest and did not make tall claims, but believed in working sincerely for the people.
Speaking to a local TV channel, Nitish said one who is declared the prime ministerial candidate does not become so. Asked if the Third front of non-BJP and non-Congress parties would have benefitted if he was declared its PM candidate, Kumar said that one should wait and watch.
“The non-Congress and non-BJP parties will have the largest numbers after the polls,” he said, referring to the Federal Front of 11 non-Congress and non-BJP parties for which he has been a prime mover.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
He categorically ruled out siding either with Congress or BJP after the polls.
(With PTI inputs)