The mother of Perarivalan, a convict in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, on Wednesday she was extremely happy about the Tamil Nadu government’s decision to release all convicts in the case.
“On Tuesday, I was happy to some extent, today I am very happy. Amma [Jayalalithaa], is very considerate about the pain of another mother. She has put an end to my pain,” Aruputhammal told PTI.
Stating that she did not expect that her “pain would come to an end so soon” after the commutation of death sentence, she profusely thanked Jayalalithaa.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“I am waiting to meet the Chief Minister and personally express my gratitude to her, she said.
Tamil Nadu Government on Wednesday decided to release all the seven convicts including Santhan, Murugan, Perarivalan, Nalini, serving life term in the assassination case, a day after the Supreme Court commuted death penalty of three convicts.