The mother of Perarivalan, a convict in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, on Wednesday she was extremely happy about the Tamil Nadu government’s decision to release all convicts in the case.
“On Tuesday, I was happy to some extent, today I am very happy. Amma [Jayalalithaa], is very considerate about the pain of another mother. She has put an end to my pain,” Aruputhammal told PTI.
Stating that she did not expect that her “pain would come to an end so soon” after the commutation of death sentence, she profusely thanked Jayalalithaa.
“I am waiting to meet the Chief Minister and personally express my gratitude to her, she said.
Tamil Nadu Government on Wednesday decided to release all the seven convicts including Santhan, Murugan, Perarivalan, Nalini, serving life term in the assassination case, a day after the Supreme Court commuted death penalty of three convicts.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review