Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Sunday launched the Congress campaign for Assembly election by daring the BJP to name a chief ministerial candidate.
At the rally, a resolution was also passed denouncing the incident of alleged insult to Hooda in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi at a government function in Kaithal.
Speaking at the ‘Vijay Sankalp rally’ in Panipat the CM said, “If you (BJP) claim you will win Haryana, please tell us the name of CM candidate.” Present on the stage, with Hooda, were top party leaders of the state along with cabinet ministers.
The CM’s son and Congress MP from Rohtak, Deepender Singh, too reiterated Hooda’s stand. “BJP announced the name of its CM candidate in Delhi. Even the PM candidate was announced. Why are they silent on CM candidate in Haryana?” he asked.
Raising the issue of alleged insult meted out to him, Hooda said, “I went there as a representative of 2.5 crore people. What if I call them and ask Congressmen to do the same. I maintained the dignity of the PM but they didn’t. This is not my insult but Haryana’s… We will take revenge through ballot.” The father son-duo tried to downplay the crossing over of Congress leaders to other parties, including the BJP. “Amit Shah should know that the people they are aligning with were praising my government for 10 years,” the CM said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More