On the last day of the 15th Lok Sabha, Home Minister and Leader of the House Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday played a statesman as he showered praise on the Opposition and particularly chose BJP leader Sushma Swaraj to hail her party’s support to get the crucial Telangana bill passed.
Highlighting the beauty of Indian democracy, he said members from the ruling and the opposition sides might vociferously air their differences over various issues in Parliament but they do not carry those sentiments outside the House.
He said the outgoing Lok Sabha had enacted a number of landmark laws like Lokpal Act, Food Security Act and Land Acquisition Act.
“We took decisions together on a number of subjects that have been pending for long,” Shinde said, recalling the achievements of the Lok Sabha.
Referring to the Telangana bill, which was passed by the House earlier this week, he said he was “obliged” to the BJP for its support.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
He said he was not sure whether BJP would support the bill but “you did not sit on the prestige that the announcement for creation of the new state had been made by Sonia Gandhi 10 years back and you had also promised it.”
Specifically, choosing Swaraj for the eloquent praise, Shinde said “aap ki baat mein mithaas hai, mithai khane se bhi woh mithaas nahi hoti (your tone is very sweet, it is sweeter than the sweets).”