On the last day of the 15th Lok Sabha, Home Minister and Leader of the House Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday played a statesman as he showered praise on the Opposition and particularly chose BJP leader Sushma Swaraj to hail her party’s support to get the crucial Telangana bill passed.
Highlighting the beauty of Indian democracy, he said members from the ruling and the opposition sides might vociferously air their differences over various issues in Parliament but they do not carry those sentiments outside the House.
He said the outgoing Lok Sabha had enacted a number of landmark laws like Lokpal Act, Food Security Act and Land Acquisition Act.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“We took decisions together on a number of subjects that have been pending for long,” Shinde said, recalling the achievements of the Lok Sabha.
Referring to the Telangana bill, which was passed by the House earlier this week, he said he was “obliged” to the BJP for its support.
He said he was not sure whether BJP would support the bill but “you did not sit on the prestige that the announcement for creation of the new state had been made by Sonia Gandhi 10 years back and you had also promised it.”
Specifically, choosing Swaraj for the eloquent praise, Shinde said “aap ki baat mein mithaas hai, mithai khane se bhi woh mithaas nahi hoti (your tone is very sweet, it is sweeter than the sweets).”