The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) released its manifesto for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. Here are the highlights:
# The party reiterates its stand to explore all possibilities within framework of Constitution to facilitate construction of the Ram Temple in Ayodhya.
# Reiterating its stand on Article 370 and discussing with all stakeholders for abrogation of the Article.
# Ensuring minimisation of black money and setting up of a task force for this purpose.
# Putting in place strict measures and special courts to stop hoarding and black marketing.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
# Setting up a Price Stabilisation Fund.
# Unbundling FCI operations into procurement, storage and distribution for greater efficiency.
# Evolving a single National Agriculture Market.
# Promoting and support area specific crops and vegetables linked to food habits of the people.
# Developing high impact domains like labour intensive manufacturing, tourism, and strengthening traditional employment bases of agriculture and allied industry.
# Harnessing opportunities provided by the upgradation of infrastructure and housing.
# Encouraging and empowering youth for self employment and transforming employment exchanges into career centres.
# Eliminating corruption through public awareness, e-governance, rationalisation and simplification of tax regime.
# Harmonising Centre-state relations by evolving model of national development driven by the states.
# Setting up a Team India initiative which will include the PM and CMs as equal partners.
# Ensure fiscal autonomy of states and creation of regional councils of states of common problems and concerns.
# National Development Council and Inter-state Council will be revived and made into active body.
# Involving state governments in promotion of foreign trade and commerce.
# Greater decentralisation through smaller states.
# Special emphasis on improving connectivity in Northeast region.
# Massive infrastructure development in NE region.
# Complete all pending fencing work along the India-Bangladesh and India-Myanmar border.
# Dealing with insurgency with a firm hand.
#BJP to draft a Uniform Civil Code drawing upon the best traditions and harmonising them with the modern times.
# Foreign policy will be guided through pragmatism and doctrines of mutually beneficial and interlocking relationships.
# Launching a massive Clean Rivers Programme with people’s participation.
# Pursuing friendly relations with neighbours and at the same time not hesitate from taking strong stand when required.
# Reviving the anti-terror mechanism which has been dismantled by the Congress and putting in place swift and fair trial of terror-related cases.
# Insulate intelligence agencies from political intervention and interference.
# Strengthening DRDO and encourage private sector participation including FDI in selected defence industries.
# Strengthening physical infrastructure with expediting work on freight and industrial corridors.
# Setting up of gas grids and national optical fibre network upto the village level.
# Launching of diamond quadrilateral project of high-speed rail network (Bullet trains).
# Setting up of agri rail network catering to needs of perishable farm products.
# Launching of 50 new tourist circuits for the development of tourism.
# Universalisation of secondary school education and skill development and establishment of national e-library.
# Implementation of national education policy.UGC to be restructured and transformed into higher education commission.
# Ensuring urgent steps for safety of migrant workers and communities from Northeast and other states.
# Pursuing an agenda of equal and rapid development of all three regions of Jammu and Kashmir – Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh.
# Return of Kashmiri Pandits to the land of their ancestors with full dignity and security.
# Evolving further the PPP model into a People-Public-Private Partnership (PPPP).
# Strengthening self-governance and empowering Panchayati Raj institutions with a devolution of functionaries and funds.
# Consolidating Gram Sabha institutions, involving people, in policy formation.