- The Big Picture: What’s AAP
- A year later, the tweak: Desh to Dilli
- Bus from Burari laden with volunteers and hope
- Rare day out for AAP families
- Riot of support for AAP in communal hot spots
- Hunt on for CM house, will not accept Z-plus security
- No word from high command, Delhi Congress in a paralysis
- Latest News
- Second time at Ramlila Maidan: Hope overrides their doubts
- Kejriwal has no portfolio, will keep an eye on others
- In sea of white caps, BJP troika plans to be ‘forceful opposition’
- MP, MLA see Punjab as the next AAP stop
- A year later, the tweak: Desh to Dilli
- Arvind Kejriwal repeats his advice to sting the corrupt, asks police to act against ‘goondagardi’
- Proud that one of our volunteers has become Delhi CM: Anna Hazare
- Arvind Kejriwal not to keep any portfolio
- Now an Aam Aadmi Party Cola by beverage-maker inspired by Arvind Kejriwal’s party
- New chief minister Arvind Kejriwal holds meetings at Delhi Secretariat
- Cong’s Ajay Maken blames Sheila Dikshit for Delhi polls debacle
- Left, right, AAP
Highlights of BJP manifesto 2014
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) released its manifesto for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. Here are the highlights:
# The party reiterates its stand to explore all possibilities within framework of Constitution to facilitate construction of the Ram Temple in Ayodhya.
# Reiterating its stand on Article 370 and discussing with all stakeholders for abrogation of the Article.
# Ensuring minimisation of black money and setting up of a task force for this purpose.
# Putting in place strict measures and special courts to stop hoarding and black marketing.
# Setting up a Price Stabilisation Fund.
# Unbundling FCI operations into procurement, storage and distribution for greater efficiency.
# Evolving a single National Agriculture Market.
# Promoting and support area specific crops and vegetables linked to food habits of the people.
# Developing high impact domains like labour intensive manufacturing, tourism, and strengthening traditional employment bases of agriculture and allied industry.
# Harnessing opportunities provided by the upgradation of infrastructure and housing.
# Encouraging and empowering youth for self employment and transforming employment exchanges into career centres.
# Eliminating corruption through public awareness, e-governance, rationalisation and simplification of tax regime.
# Harmonising Centre-state relations by evolving model of national development driven by the states.
# Setting up a Team India initiative which will include the PM and CMs as equal partners.
# Ensure fiscal autonomy of states and creation of regional councils of states of common problems and concerns.
# National Development Council and Inter-state Council will be revived and made into active body.
# Involving state governments in promotion of foreign trade and commerce.
# Greater decentralisation through smaller states.
# Special emphasis on improving connectivity in Northeast region.
# Massive infrastructure development in NE region.
# Complete all pending fencing work along the India-Bangladesh and India-Myanmar border.
# Dealing with insurgency with a firm hand.
#BJP to draft a Uniform Civil Code drawing upon the best traditions and harmonising them with the modern times.
# Foreign policy will be guided through pragmatism and doctrines of mutually beneficial and interlocking relationships.
# Launching a massive Clean Rivers Programme with people’s participation.
# Pursuing friendly relations with neighbours and at the same time not hesitate from taking strong stand when required.
# Reviving the anti-terror mechanism which has been dismantled by the Congress and putting in place swift and fair trial of terror-related cases.
# Insulate intelligence agencies from political intervention and interference.
# Strengthening DRDO and encourage private sector participation including FDI in selected defence industries.
# Strengthening physical infrastructure with expediting work on freight and industrial corridors.
# Setting up of gas grids and national optical fibre network upto the village level.
# Launching of diamond quadrilateral project of high-speed rail network (Bullet trains).
# Setting up of agri rail network catering to needs of perishable farm products.
# Launching of 50 new tourist circuits for the development of tourism.
# Universalisation of secondary school education and skill development and establishment of national e-library.
# Implementation of national education policy.UGC to be restructured and transformed into higher education commission.
# Ensuring urgent steps for safety of migrant workers and communities from Northeast and other states.
# Pursuing an agenda of equal and rapid development of all continued…