The high-decibel campaigning to win the hearts of the 22.64 lakh voters here came to an end today with candidates venturing out early aiming to reach as many voters as they can.
The constituency, adjoining Delhi, would vote on April 10 in which BJP’s V K Singh, Congress’ Raj Babbar, Aam Admi Party’s Shazia Ilmi and BSP’s Mukul Upadhyay are in fray.
All contestants, totalling 15, took part in rallies and roadshows. While Ilmi started the day with a roadshow, towards the end of the day, Singh hold a press conference to announce his plans for the development if his party comes into power. Babbar also took part in rallies while Upadhayay hold meetings in several places.
The campaigning for the high-profile seat here went off mostly peacefully barring occasional personal barbs. BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi held a rally, seeking support for Singh, a former army chief, who is making his electoral debut.
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi also campaigned so as BSP supremo Mayawati. AAP Chief Kejriwal also held several roadshows in support of Ilmi. The candidates, majority of whom do not reside here, mainly gave thrust on their development plans for the constituency in their campaigns.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More