Attacking Narendra Modi for his repeated assertions that he knew about living in poverty unlike her, Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Friday said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh too saw hardships during his childhood, but someone whose heart is “filled with hatred”
cannot run the country.
Taking a dig at the BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate, Gandhi said, “Modi is misleading the country. It is as if there is darkness in the country and with his (Modi) arrival there will be light everywhere.”
“Those, whose hearts are filled with hatred, cannot run the country,” she said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Questioning the “Modi Vision” of development she said, Narendra Modi has been “misleading” the people of the country. She said that Modi had been telling the people stories about his struggle in the childhood. “Prime minister Manmohan Singh also had to face a lot of difficulties in the childhood,” she said.
Criticising Gujarat Model of development, Gandhi said that unlike what was being advertised, the state lagged behind in several development parameters.
She listed the works done by the UPA government during the past ten years and said that Congress had many plans for the people which it would implement if it forms the next government.