Slamming political parties for fielding some “corrupt and criminal” candidates, social activist Anna Hazare on Sunday said that he would campaign against two former ministers in Maharashtra, who have been given Lok Sabha tickets by Shiv Sena and NCP.
“In some constituency or other, most of the political parties have fielded candidates who are accused of corruption and have criminal background. Before the elections, these parties claim that they are strongly against corruption. But now we find a difference in what they say and what they practice,” Hazare told PTI in an interview.
Targetting Shiv Sena and NCP, Hazare said he would campaign against Shirdi Shiv Sena candidate, Baban Gholap and Osmanabad NCP candidate, Padamsinh Patil in the Lok Sabha election.
Following an agitation launched by Hazare when Gholap and Patil were in the cabinets, both had been dropped as ministers. Patil was a cabinet member in the Congress government prior to 1995, while Gholap a minister during the Shiv Sena-BJP rule from 1995 to 1999.
“I have all the proof against Gholap. He had been removed from the Maharashtra cabinet during the Shiv Sena-BJP rule following charges of corruption against him. However, despite knowing this, Gholap was given candidature by the Shiv Sena and its chief Uddhav Thackeray.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“Similarly, I was surprised that Padamsinh Patil, the prime accused in Pawanraje Nimbalkar murder case, was given ticket by the NCP. The party has fielded a candidate, who had been in jail,” Hazare said.
“Therefore, I am going to write letters to Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray as well as NCP supremo Sharad Pawar seeking an explanation from them on people’s behalf for fielding Gholap and Patil. I will campaign against Gholap and Patil and will expose their anti-social side,” he added.
Hazare urged the voters to openly ask the leaders of all parties why they give tickets to such criminals and corrupt persons.