Slamming political parties for fielding some “corrupt and criminal” candidates, social activist Anna Hazare on Sunday said that he would campaign against two former ministers in Maharashtra, who have been given Lok Sabha tickets by Shiv Sena and NCP.
“In some constituency or other, most of the political parties have fielded candidates who are accused of corruption and have criminal background. Before the elections, these parties claim that they are strongly against corruption. But now we find a difference in what they say and what they practice,” Hazare told PTI in an interview.
Targetting Shiv Sena and NCP, Hazare said he would campaign against Shirdi Shiv Sena candidate, Baban Gholap and Osmanabad NCP candidate, Padamsinh Patil in the Lok Sabha election.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Following an agitation launched by Hazare when Gholap and Patil were in the cabinets, both had been dropped as ministers. Patil was a cabinet member in the Congress government prior to 1995, while Gholap a minister during the Shiv Sena-BJP rule from 1995 to 1999.
“I have all the proof against Gholap. He had been removed from the Maharashtra cabinet during the Shiv Sena-BJP rule following charges of corruption against him. However, despite knowing this, Gholap was given candidature by the Shiv Sena and its chief Uddhav Thackeray.
“Similarly, I was surprised that Padamsinh Patil, the prime accused in Pawanraje Nimbalkar murder case, was given ticket by the NCP. The party has fielded a candidate, who had been in jail,” Hazare said.
“Therefore, I am going to write letters to Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray as well as NCP supremo Sharad Pawar seeking an explanation from them on people’s behalf for fielding Gholap and Patil. I will campaign against Gholap and Patil and will expose their anti-social side,” he added.
Hazare urged the voters to openly ask the leaders of all parties why they give tickets to such criminals and corrupt persons.