A man hurled a shoe at Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda during a rally at Dabwali, Sirsa district on Sunday but it fell way short of the dais. The man was immediately overpowered by securitymen.
Raja Ram, 55, of Nathusar Kalan village in Sirsa district, was standing behind the media gallery. Hooda was addressing the gathering and talking of inclusive development when the man took off his shoe, stood on a chair and hurled it at the Chief Minister. The shoe fell in the media gallery.
He raised anti-Hooda slogans and was immediately overpowered by the securitymen. The man was arrested and questioned. The police learnt he had contested the 2009 Assembly polls as an Independent candidate and got merely 748 votes. Prior to that, he was an additional Sarpanch of his village. His wife was also a former Sarpanch. “It was a cheap publicity stunt. The accused told us he wanted to draw media attention. He has been placed under arrest,” said Sourabh Singh, SP, Sirsa.
Such attacks on the Chief Minster are not new. On February 2 this year, a youth, Kamal Mukhija, slapped Hooda during a road show. Earlier, on August 22, 2010, a youth hurled a shoe at Hooda during a rally but it did not hit the CM. On December 12, 2010, another shoe was flung at him, but he escaped.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage