A day after snapping its three-year-old ties with BJP, Kuldeep Bishnoi-led Haryana Janhit Congress on Friday announced its manifesto for the assembly elections, promising equitable development, subsidised farming and toll-free roads in the state.
Announcing the party’s 79-point agenda, Bishnoi described the manifesto as ‘Sankalp Patra’ and said, “We promise honest and accountable government in the state.”
Addressing the media here along with his brother and ex-MLA Chander Mohan, he said, “The manifesto echoes the aspirations of the masses at the grassroot and reflects a thorough understanding of the issues and concerns shared during my workers’ meeting, tractor yatra and Vijay Abhiyan Yatra across all 90 constituencies of Haryana.”
Pitching for “equity in development”, Bishnoi promised interest-free tractor loans for two years with no registration charges. He said framing on upto 5 acres of land will be subsidised with free electricity for tubewell and boring facilities.
He also promised higher compensation for crop damage and loans for farmers against landholdings at current market prices.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
In the manifesto, the party has vowed to ensure return of farmlands “unscrupulously” seized in the name of Special Economic Zone in Gurgaon to farmers and amendment of law to enable farmers to buy more land against loan on existing land.
For the youth, he promised dual education programmes combined with apprenticeship and free education for boys and girls up to MA level.
He also promised to set up a university of international standard in the state and opening of girls colleges in all assembly segments. He said the eligibility tests for jobs will be eliminated, if his party came to power.
Bishnoi also talked about passing of a law in the Assembly for equity in development and employment opportunities.
Describing SYL Canal as a lifeline for Haryana, Bishnoi promised to implement the project at the earliest.
“SYL will be launched. This project has been held up since 1996 despite the highest court having ruled in favour of Haryana. SYL is crucial to Haryana’s agro-industrial set-up and this project will be implemented,” he said.
Bishnoi promised 100 square yards of land for landless families and financial aid for constructing houses.
He said illegal colonies with a population density of 50 per cent or more will be legalised.
With regard to empowering women, the party said it will reserve 21 per cent jobs for women in the state and police stations with female staff will be set up in all sub-divisions.
Assuring employment to one member of each family, Bishnoi said interest-free loans will be given to graduates for two years to encourage entrepreneurship.
He promised to fill vacant posts in the state within a year and promised to replace contractual system of hiring with permanent hiring in all state government departments.
Bishnoi also promised to make state roads toll-free in order to cut down cost and save travel time, besides making state highways six-laned.
He said VAT on diesel will be cut down to zero and VAT on petrol will be cut down by 50 per cent.
He said transfer policy will be implemented for government employees so that they do not become victim of political persecution.
To woo ex-servicemen, Bishnoi said free bus service and subsidised ration, medical services and other necessities will be given their wives.
Supporting the new body for managing gurdwaras in Haryana, Bishnoi said the party will allow Haryana Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee to function independently.
For the Punjabi community, Bishnoi said 100 acres of land will be set aside for Punjabis on GT Road in Karnal.
He said the upcoming Fatehabad nuclear plant will be shifted.