Harsh Vardhan, Meenakshi Lekhi,Ajay Maken, Ashutosh and Rakhi Birla were among a host of leaders from BJP, Congress and Aam Aadmi who filed nomination papers for the April 10 Lok Sabha polls in Delhi.
Delhi BJP president Vardhan, who was party’s Chief Ministerial candidate in the assembly polls, filed nomination for the Chandni Chowk constituency where Union Minister Kapil Sibal and AAP’s Ashutosh are other two formidable contenders.
Exhuding confidence in winning the seat, Vardhan said there has been a wave for BJP in the entire country and the party will come out with spectacular performance in the election in the national capital as well.
“I am proud that Narendra Modi and the BJP high command have chosen me as the candidate for Chandni Chowk.This constituency is very special to me as I was born and spent the first 15 years of my life here,” he said.
Ashutosh, accompanied by large number of AAP supporters also filed his nomination today. In the 2004 Lok Sabha polls, Sibal had won the seat defeating BJP’s Smriti Irani. In 2009, he beat BJP’s Vijender Gupta.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
BJP spokesperson Lekhi and Maken also filed their nomination papers before the Returning officer at Jamnagar House for the prestigious New Delhi constituency.
Maken, an AICC General Secretary and Communication Department chairman, was accompanied by his mother, wife, two daughters, son and some supporters.
Lekhi came to the Returning Officer’s office, herself driving a white colour open jeep to give a message of women empowerment. She was accompanied by senior BJP leader V K Malhotra, her husband Aman Lekhi and son Pranay Lekhi, who is handling her social media campaign.
“I would just be talking about development work done by me and I would like to extend my best wishes to the contenders,” Maken told reporters.
When BJP candidate Lekhi was asked whether Maken had an upper hand due to his experience, she said, “I know election
management. This time I am a challenge for him and you should ask this question to him.”
Aam Aadmi Party has fielded journalist-turned-politician Ashish Khetan from the seat. He filed his nomination papers yesterday. Khetan is the founder of news portal gulail.com.