The continued hospitalisation of Uttarakhand CM Harish Rawat is making the Congress anxious. It has been nearly a week since he has been admitted to AIIMS after he sustained a neck injury during a rough aircraft ride.
According to Congress leaders, he may have to remain in hospital for another two weeks. What is worrying the Congress, apart from his health, is the upcoming Assembly bye-elections. Rawat, who replaced Vijay Bahuguna in February, has to win the July 21 bye-elections to continue in office.
Rawat will contest from the Dharchula seat. Bye-elections are scheduled for two another seats — vacated by B C Khanduri and Ramesh Pokriyal Nishank. Congress leaders say doctors at the AIIMS are yet to take a call on whether Rawat should undergo an operation for the neck injury.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai