A group of people present at Rahul Gandhi’s rally in Deoria raised pro-Modi slogans causing discomfiture to the Congress Vice-President.
Gandhi who was campaigning in Deoria was faced with slogans of “Har Har Modi, Ghar Ghar Modi” during his rally while he was promising free housing, free medical care and pension for women to his audience.
After the incident, the security personnel whisked these people away.
Gandhi during his speech asked a person standing in the rally, the rate of the land for him, to raise a point about “land being given” to corporate group Adani in Gujarat.
“In Gujarat, you get land at Rs one per square meter but you will not get land at that rate. If you want land at this rate in Gujarat, you will be slapped and thrown out of the state,” Gandhi alleged.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
He claimed if BJP leader Narendra Modi becomes the prime minister, only his “industrialist friends” would benefit.
“Modi has given 43,000 acres of land to his industrialist friend Adani. Electricity worth Rs 26,000 crore has also been given for free of cost,” he alleged.
Gandhi said if Congress comes to power, they will ensure free surgery, free housing, ration at Rs one per kilogram and pension for women.
BJP’s senior leader Kalraj Mishra is contesting from Deoria for the Lok Sabha elections against BSP’s Niyaz Khan, Congress’ Sabha Kunwar Kushwaha and SP’s Baleshwar Yadav.
There are 11 other candidates in fray from this Uttar Pradesh seat.