A group of people present at Rahul Gandhi’s rally in Deoria raised pro-Modi slogans causing discomfiture to the Congress Vice-President.
Gandhi who was campaigning in Deoria was faced with slogans of “Har Har Modi, Ghar Ghar Modi” during his rally while he was promising free housing, free medical care and pension for women to his audience.
After the incident, the security personnel whisked these people away.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Gandhi during his speech asked a person standing in the rally, the rate of the land for him, to raise a point about “land being given” to corporate group Adani in Gujarat.
“In Gujarat, you get land at Rs one per square meter but you will not get land at that rate. If you want land at this rate in Gujarat, you will be slapped and thrown out of the state,” Gandhi alleged.
He claimed if BJP leader Narendra Modi becomes the prime minister, only his “industrialist friends” would benefit.
“Modi has given 43,000 acres of land to his industrialist friend Adani. Electricity worth Rs 26,000 crore has also been given for free of cost,” he alleged.
Gandhi said if Congress comes to power, they will ensure free surgery, free housing, ration at Rs one per kilogram and pension for women.
BJP’s senior leader Kalraj Mishra is contesting from Deoria for the Lok Sabha elections against BSP’s Niyaz Khan, Congress’ Sabha Kunwar Kushwaha and SP’s Baleshwar Yadav.
There are 11 other candidates in fray from this Uttar Pradesh seat.