The slogan of ‘Har Har Modi’ will not reverberate in Varanasi since the Shankaracharya has snubbed BJP for using it for its political interests, Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh said here on Monday as he slammed the saffron outfit for mixing religion with politics.
“The slogan ‘Har Har Mahadev’ (in support of BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi) will not reverberate in Varanasi after Shankaracharya Swami Swaroopanand Saraswati snubbed BJP for it,” Singh said at a rally held after sitting Congress MP Narayan Singh Amlabe filed his nomination for the Rajgarh seat.
Sternly criticising BJP for mixing religion with politics, Singh also referred to the issue of discontent among its senior leaders LK Advani and Jaswant Singh and said that the party was disrespecting its stalwarts.
The Congress leader also asked party workers to remain alert while using the Electronic Voting Machines (EVM) by noting down the ballot unit number.
“I don’t have much faith in EVMs. Note down the unit numbers carefully, otherwise our hard labour will go in vain,” Singh said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Looking to woo the voters here, Singh then highlighted the welfare schemes introduced by the Congress-led UPA government, especially the Food Security Act, while slamming BJP for having opposed it.