The Samajwadi Party on Tuesday slammed the reported move by BJP government to replace some of the Governors appointed during the UPA rule, saying it was start of “saffronisation” of the country which was “dangerous” for democracy.
“Centre was trying saffronise the country by appointing RSS and BJP men as Governors in states. This is dangerous for democracy,” SP National General Secretary Naresh Agarwal said.
The country is not the property of any party. All the parties have right to put forth their views, he said, and alleged that it was a conspiracy against non-BJP governments in states. “The way in which resignations are sought from Governors, pressurising them, is not only start of saffronisation of the country but is also part of a conspiracy against governments of other parties in the states,” he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen