In giving the Lok Sabha ticket to Pramod Tyagi alias Acharya Pramod Krishnam from Sambhal constituency in UP, Congress seems to have rewarded the spiritual leader who is the complainant in the case of the mysterious disappearance of yoga guru Ramdev’s spiritual teacher Swami Shanker Deo.
The CBI is investigating the case in which Ramdev has been named as the prime suspect behind alleged disappearance of his mentor since 2007. Krishnam, who filed his nomination paper Tuesday, has ‘Y’ category security cover.
He had been in the news in September last year after an accused in the 2007 Ajmer Sharif blast case, Bhavesh Patel, claimed that Krishnam had facilitated his meeting with several senior Congress leaders and some NIA officials at his ashram. He also claimed he was pressured to implicate RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat and RSS functionary Indresh Kumar in the case.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Krishnam denied that his being a complainant against yoga guru Ramdev led him to being rewarded with the Congress ticket.