- BJP poses five questions to AAP, Kejriwal says let’s debate
- In last leg, BJP goes back to Modi
- In Swachh Bharat times, BJP leaves a mess in Paharganj
- In Batla House, Muslim leader from Gujarat backs Modi, BJP
- Okhla’s election battle rests on what lies six feet under
- Lawyer files complaint against Kejriwal for ‘abetting bribery’
- Congress, BJP workers defect to AAP
Guru who filed case against Ramdev gets Congress ticket
In giving the Lok Sabha ticket to Pramod Tyagi alias Acharya Pramod Krishnam from Sambhal constituency in UP, Congress seems to have rewarded the spiritual leader who is the complainant in the case of the mysterious disappearance of yoga guru Ramdev’s spiritual teacher Swami Shanker Deo.
The CBI is investigating the case in which Ramdev has been named as the prime suspect behind alleged disappearance of his mentor since 2007. Krishnam, who filed his nomination paper Tuesday, has ‘Y’ category security cover.
He had been in the news in September last year after an accused in the 2007 Ajmer Sharif blast case, Bhavesh Patel, claimed that Krishnam had facilitated his meeting with several senior Congress leaders and some NIA officials at his ashram. He also claimed he was pressured to implicate RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat and RSS functionary Indresh Kumar in the case.
Krishnam denied that his being a complainant against yoga guru Ramdev led him to being rewarded with the Congress ticket.