- Modi gets into the fight: ‘Delhi will decide how world sees India’
- AAP, BJP ignoring govt employees, says Ajay Maken
- Arvind Kejriwal mocks BJP’s 4-point agenda
- Modi gave India self-pride: Uma Bharti
- ‘Where have we promised statehood... it’s a sensitive issue, not a matter for elections’, says Amit Shah
- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
Varanasi: Gul Panag, VJ Raghu chased away by students in BHU
Actor-turned-politician and AAP candidate from Chandigarh Gul Panag and VJ Raghu Ram of MTV Roadies were Friday allegedly manhandled inside the Banaras Hindu University campus after a scuffle broke out between Aam Aadmi Party supporters and a group of students allegedly belonging to the ABVP.
Panag and Raghu were safe, but were reportedly chased away by a group of students when they went to campaign inside the BHU campus, party leaders said.
“They have attempted to attack her, but could not succeed. A group of BHU students chased them away. Panag is fine,” an AAP spokesperson said, adding that those who attacked were probably BJP supporters.
Soon after the incident, Raghu tweeted, “Oh well I just got attacked by two guys with lathis inside the BHU. They were outsiders, BHU boys chased them away”.
“Have things come to this in Varanasi that visitors are unwelcome. I refuse to believe it,” he said in another tweet.
Panag and Raghu were scheduled to join AAP leader and Varanasi candidate Arvind Kejriwal for his roadshow later today at the BHU gate. Varanasi goes to polls on May 12. The campaign ends here Saturday.