The 18-month-old Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP), led by chief Gordhanbhai Zadaphia, merged with the BJP on Monday.
State BJP chief R C Faldu and Zadaphia exchanged merger documents, which will be submitted to the Election Commission by the latter.
Barring senior leader and former CM Suresh Mehta, almost the entire GPP organisation endorsed Zadaphia’s decision in a one-line resolution, empowering him to take the stand on the merger. Welcoming GPP into the BJP fold, Faldu said GPP would melt into it like “sugar in milk”.
Zadaphia, on his part, justified the merger, which was taken against the wishes of some leaders, by saying one-third membership was enough to ratify the decision. Zadaphia said that Suresh Mehta had excused himself from attending the GPP meeting, in which the merger was finalised.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More