Launching a blistering attack on the BJP over the “India Shining” campaign, Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi on Friday said the balloon of Gujarat’s development model will burst.
“They had made a balloon of “India Shining” in 2004 and 2009. They have filled a balloon with gas (of Gujarat’s development model), which will be blown again,” Gandhi said addressing a election rally here.
Mocking Gujarat’s development model, he said 17 per cent of India’s GDP comes from Maharashtra.
“17 percent of the GDP of India comes from Maharashtra. There is no need to see the Gujarat model of development. Maharashtra is number one and there is nothing lacking out here,” he said.
“RTI is the biggest weapon against corruption. Transparency is ensured by the RTI,” he said.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
Emphasising on women’s empowerment, he said there should be more representation of women in Vidhan Sabha, Lok Sabha and business.
“We wanted to have 33 percent of women in Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha, for which we wanted to pass the Bill. But the Opposition stopped it,” he said.
On the Congress-led UPA government waiving off Rs 70,000 crore loan given to farmers, Rahul said, “Farmers give their sweat and blood for the country.”
“We got two years to bring the Land Acquisition Bill. You will get four times more the compensation as compared to the market rate. You stand by us very strongly,” he said.
Speaking on the recent hailstorm, which destroyed several hectares of crops in most parts of the state he said, “Central government has announced Rs 800 crore package for the hailstorm affected farmers.”
Listing the employment opportunities that the Congress gave in its manifesto, Gandhi said employment will be given to crores of youth.
“A dedicated industrial corridor will be made for the crores of youth, which will give them employment opportunities. Our youth will start manufacturing things, that are currently imported,” he said.
“We are going to give you the right to health. We will do that in next five years. We wan’t the poor to feel that the country is yours,” he said.