Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday said his government would focus on uplift of the poor while working for development of all sections, including Muslims, and promised to take along every political party and state to make the country prosperous and powerful.
In his first speech in the Lok Sabha, he talked about his “dreams” of ensuring the country’s progress and converting the image from “scam India” to “skills India” through “cooperative federalism”.
He specifically mentioned his ideas about improving the agriculture and infrastructure sectors and for which best practices of any state would be adopted.
He said the foremost priority of his government would be uplift of the poor and ensuring that nobody is without a house with water, electricity and toilet by 2022, when the country celebrates 75th year of Independence.
Replying to the debate on Motion of Thanks to the President’s Address, Modi asserted, “We can bring about change” but “I don’t want to move forward without you (Opposition). I don’t have to move forward on the basis of numbers but on the basis of collective decision-making.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He referred to apprehensions expressed by some members over the fate of minorities and said his government would work for the development of Muslims also as he believes that “if one organ of the body remains weak, the body cannot be termed as healthy. We are committed to this. We don’t see it as appeasement.”
In his hour-long speech heard in rapt attention, the Prime Minister rejected the Opposition’s charge that BJP had become arrogant after the landslide victory in the Lok Sabha elections.
“Victory gives lessons and we must learn. It teaches us humility,” he said and assured the House that he would take the “blessings of seniors” so that “we are saved from becoming arrogant”.
Invoking Mahatma Gandhi repeatedly, Modi said, “Let us dream and make effort to fulfill those dreams. There will be difficulties but with your (opposition) cooperation we will move forward.”