The appointment of private secretaries to three union ministers, including Home Minister Rajnath Singh, has been put on hold, according to official sources.
The decision is understood to have been taken in the wake of a circular from Personnel Department that appointment in the minister’s personal staff including Private Secretaries and Officers on Special Duty should be cleared by the Appointments Committee of Cabinet.
The circular was sent to all secretaries by Department of Personnel and Training on May 26 last month stating that for appointment of Personal Secretary, ACC approval is required.
“All the ministries and departments are, therefore, advised to ensure strict compliance of the laid down procedures for all appointments including Officer on Special Duty in the personal staff of the ministers,” it said.
In the case of Rajnath Singh, the name proposed for Private Secretary to him is Alok Singh, a 1995 batch IPS officer, who worked with External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid in the previous UPA government. While there was no word officially from the Personnel Department, the sources said that the new government is unlikely to clear appointments of officers who had served on the ministerial staff of the previous regime.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
47-year-old Singh has served with Khurshid in Water Resources, Law and Justice and External Affairs ministries and his tenure was till February 14 next year.
The fate of Private Secretaries of Ministers of States for Home Kiren Rijiju and Minister of State for External Affairs V K Singh — Abhinav Kumar and Rajesh Kumar — was also unclear as their appointment had also been not cleared. Abhinav was Private Secretary of Minister of State Shashi Tharoor and Rajesh was Private Secretary with Cabinet Minister Chandresh Kumari Katoch.