Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday said if the Central government wants to change some of the Governors in the country, it should directly talk to them rather than communicating through media.
“Unfortunately, Raj Bhavans have been pushed into political murk since long. I would have held NDA responsible, had the governments before it not done such things. If the new government wants to change some of the Governors, then it should talk to those Governors,” Omar told reporters here.
The Chief Minister said the approach of communicating with the Governors through the media does not suit either the position of a Governor or the Central government.
“We don’t have any clarity yet if there has really been any talk with those Governors. Governors cannot be communicated through newspapers. If it is being thought that it (government) wants to change the Governors, then it is better that someone picks up a telephone and talks to them (Governors) and seeks their resignation,” he said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review